We carry a variety of excellent student quality instruments that are kept in great condition. Instruments are professionally maintained once they are returned to the academy. Instrument availability can vary for each store. Please contact us to inquire about instrument availability and to get more information on our rental services.
Protective bags or cases will be provided with band instruments and string instruments in order to protect the instruments, as well as facilitate transportation. Adaptors and music racks are supplied with keyboards.
How to Rent
- Call either Ottawa Music Academy (613-739-5757) or Kanata Music Academy (613-591-8638) to reserve the instrument.
- After reserving the instrument, visit our store and fill in an application form.
- When you rent the instrument we will provide you with a copy of the agreement for your personal records.
- An $80 damage deposit is required in order to rent an instrument, which will be returned upon the receipt of the instrument in good condition. Please note that a cheque or credit card is required to place the damage deposit on the instrument.
- Before signing the rental form verify the instrument to be in good condition and record damage, if any, on the rental form.
- Keep track of the due date to avoid late charge penalties.
- Please note that it is required for monthly payments to be timely. The Academy reserves the right to collect the monthly rental fee (applied to the provided credit card) after the due date has passed.
- For your convenience a pre-authorized payment plan can be set up for your monthly payments to be paid directly from your credit card or post-dated cheque.
Rental Customer Privileges
Individuals who rent instruments from our Academy are treated as special customers.
Special customers save 10% on all store merchandise and tuning.
Books, strings, tuners, cleaning kits, reeds, metronomes, picks, and music stands are some of the products carried at the Academy that you might find useful.
Damaged, Lost or Stolen Instruments
It is important to acknowledge the state of the instrument before it is rented. In signing the Rental Agreement, it is agreed that the instrument is in good condition.
The lessee will not be held accountable for manufacturer defects such as warping, or other structural problems.
If the instrument is returned damaged, the lessee must pay for the repairs which will be arranged by the Academy.
In the case of a lost or stolen instrument, the lessee is responsible for 80% of the retail price of the instrument.
The rent-to-own package enables students to purchase an instrument with minimal monthly payments. This is an excellent option for students who are unsure of the instrument they would like to pursue.
- The first three months of monthly rental fees are 100% applicable to the full purchase price of the instrument, and thereafter 50% is applicable.
- At any time the rental agreement may be terminated, or the remaining sum may be paid in order to own the instrument.
- At the end of the school year, a letter will be sent out to lessees offering an excellent purchase price for the instrument.